***NEW*** VFR NAVIGATION – GROUND SCHOOL
Throughout November/December 2017 and January 2018, we begin the first of our series of evening ground schools, starting with VFR Navigation. From from route and weather considerations, through to detailed flight planning, performance charts and the use of the CRP-1 navigation slide rule, these 6 sessions will support your own learning for the theory examinations and practical flying.
THE COURSE AIMS TO:
• Enable you to confidently plan a navigation route, taking into account airspace restrictions, terrain, weather and legal minima.
• Accurately calculate headings, timings and fuel required.
• Support your own self-study learning in preparation for the EASA PPL/LAPL theory examinations.
• Give you some useful tips to reduce your workload whilst airborne and to make your flying safer and more enjoyable.
Attendees should be at or approaching the navigation phase of their PPL training to gain maximum benefit from this short course, although the sessions are open to everyone*.
Students are requested to bring their own:
• 1:500k VFR Chart (Scotland)
• Navigation ruler
• CRP-1 or CRP-5 navigation slide rule
• Chart pens
(The above can be purchased directly from Leading Edge – please ask Operations for details)
*Current licence holders are very welcome to sign up as a useful refresher, although as limited spaces are available priority will be given to those currently studying for the PPL.
DATES AND TIMINGS:
The course is split across 6 evening, which can be also be attended as a whole or as individual sessions.
• Session 1. Tuesday 28 November, 18:00 – 20:30
• Session 2. Tuesday 05 December, 18:00 – 20:30
• Session 3. Tuesday 12 December, 18:00 – 20:30
— CHRISTMAS BREAK –
• Session 4. Tuesday 09 January, 18:00 – 20:30
• Session 5. Tuesday 16 January, 18:00 – 20:30
• Session 6. Tuesday 23 January, 18:00 – 20:30
Individual session: £15 (members) / £20 (non-members)
All 6 sessions: £80 (members) / £110 (non-members)
Early booking is encouraged as spaces are limited. Reserve places offered upon request.
To book, telephone Operations on 0141 404 1830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org